The face masking status for the week of January 24 - 28 is REQUIRED for students and staff.
The school district will use a three-week rolling average of the positivity rate of students and staff, and if that rate is above 0.5 percent, then masks are required.
For more information on COVID data, click here.
Find It Fast
- It is important that students check their school email daily!! This needs to happen beginning Monday, August 17th for ALL students!
- In order to access school email, go to the Gateway homepage, click on “Students”, and click on “Student Email”.
- The user name is the student’s first name, first initial of their last name and last 3 numbers from their lunch number. (For example, JosephJ111.)
- Students have set their own password.
- If students need their email password reset you may call the tech support line at (828)728-8407 ext. 14122. Please begin checking email on Monday, August 17th!! This is especially important for students that will not be in the school until Thursday, August 20th.
- All students must be wearing a mask prior to getting on the bus and must keep the mask on the entire time they are on the bus.
- Students will have their temperatures taken as they exit the bus. Any student found to have a fever will be taken to the office and parents will be contacted to pick the student up.
- Bus riders leave at 2:25pm.
- Bus riders will be escorted to and from the bus to ensure they maintain proper social distancing.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the school until 8:00am.
- Temperatures will be taken beginning at 8:00am. Students can NOT be dropped off prior to having their temperature taken and must be wearing their mask before the temperature is taken.
- Each student will have their temperature taken upon arrival. Students will not exit their vehicle until their temperature has been taken. Any student found to have a fever will not be allowed into the school.
- Dismissal is at 2:30pm. Students are picked up in front of the school in the horse shoe shaped pick up area.
- Students may not walk off campus to meet their ride.
- Car riders will wait in their classroom until their name is called.
HEALTH AND WELFARE EXPECTATIONS
- Masks MUST be worn at all times inside the building other than when students are eating lunch.
- If students choose to wear a face shield, they must still wear a mask under the shield.
- While students must wear masks on the first day of school, four additional masks will be provided to each student in case they need replacements throughout the year.
- Students will not be able to borrow items from teachers - for example they can not borrow pencils, glue sticks, etc.
- Students will also not be allowed to borrow from or share items with other students.
- Each student will be provided with a personalized pencil pouch
- If students bring cell phones or other technology to school, they collected and powered down as they enter the school and returned at the end of the day.
- There are NO microwaves available for students to use for lunchtime.
- Students will be eating lunch in the classrooms.
- Visitors will not be allowed at this time.
- Due to current conditions, students can not bring in food items to share with classmates.
Emergency Contact Number for Food Assistance or Packet Pickup is 828-237-2259.
NEW COVID-19 PROCEDURES FOR PARENTS, STUDENTS, FACULTY AND VISITORS
Mission Statement & Vision
To encourage each student to make positive decisions at every crossroad.
Every student will make successful academic and positive behavioral achievements in order to return to and/or graduate from their home school.