Open Enrollment for Student Transfers
To apply for a student transfer, you will log in to the Parent Portal. If you need to activate your account, go to the Parent tab on your school website, then click on Parent Portal Information. Follow the instructions listed. You will need an active username and password to access your student's information as well as to apply for a student transfer. (Information on enrollment and student transfer applications for rising kindergarten students will be announced soon.)
Find It Fast
Gateway Upcoming Events
As required by the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), all public schools must meet the 95% assessment participation rate for students enrolled in tested grades. Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and consequent quarantines of students, Gateway School did not meet the 95% assessment participation requirement during the 2021 - 2022 school year. Click the heading above to view the Gateway ESSA Plan.
- It is important that students check their school email daily!! This needs to happen beginning Monday, August 29th for ALL students!
- In order to access school email, go to the Gateway homepage, click on “Students”, and click on “Student Email”.
- The user name is the student’s first name, first initial of their last name and last 3 numbers from their lunch number. (For example, JosephJ111.)
- Students have set their own password.
- If students need their email password reset you may call the tech support line at (828)728-8407 ext. 14122. Please begin checking email on Monday, August 29th!!
- All students must be wearing a mask prior to getting on the bus and must keep the mask on the entire time they are on the bus.
- Students will have their temperatures taken as they exit the bus. Any student found to have a fever will be taken to the office and parents will be contacted to pick the student up.
- Bus riders leave at 2:25pm.
- Bus riders will be escorted to and from the bus to ensure they maintain proper social distancing.
- Students will not be allowed to enter the school until 8:00am.
- Dismissal is at 2:30pm. Students are picked up in front of the school in the horse shoe shaped pick up area.
- Students may not walk off campus to meet their ride.
- Car riders will wait in their classroom until their name is called.
HEALTH AND WELFARE EXPECTATIONS
- Students will not be able to borrow items from teachers - for example they can not borrow pencils, glue sticks, etc.
- Students will also not be allowed to borrow from or share items with other students.
- Each student will be provided with a personalized pencil pouch
- If students bring cell phones or other technology to school, they collected and powered down as they enter the school and returned at the end of the day.
- There are NO microwaves available for students to use for lunchtime.
- Students will be eating lunch in the classrooms.
- Visitors will not be allowed at this time.
- Due to current conditions, students can not bring in food items to share with classmates.
Emergency Contact Number for Food Assistance or Packet Pickup is 828-237-2259.
Mission Statement & Vision
Our team strives to improve lives, provides choices, and implement changes in the lives of all students, equipping them with the tools and skills needed to graduate and succeed in life.
Gateway will empower students to make positive decisions that promote high school graduation and post secondary success.