Welcome to 3rd Grade
School Supply List for 2016-2017:
* #2 Yellow pencils
* Pack of erasers (Mrs. NeSmith prefers the pencil top erasers.)
* 2 packs of wide ruled notebook paper (not college rules)
* Student Scissors
* 10 glue sticks
* 3 one-subject wide ruled notebooks (not college rules)
* Pencil Bag with zipper and holes to fit a 3-ring binder (no boxes)
* 2 Highlighers
* 2 Red Ink Ball point pens
* 1 folder with 2-pockets (without paper holder in the middle)
* 2 Inch Binder
* 24 count crayons
*12 count colored pencils
(Colored pencils are optional in Mrs. NeSmith's class. She prefers crayons.)
* Bookbag (no rolling bookbags)
***Please do not unpack materials. We will do this on the first day of school.***
Reading a book each night is a part of homework.
There will be math homework on most evenings.
Once we get to multiplication, you will need to study your multiplication facts EVERY night!
There will be reading/spelling homework most evenings.
If work does not get done in class, it will become homework.
If homework and classwork do not get done throughout the week, the student may miss a special and/or Fun Friday to get their work finished.
Scholastic Books are easy to order online!
Shop Online: scholastic.com/readingclub
One-Time Class Activation Code: GY8YW
Encouraging reading is one of the most important things we can do to help your child succeed. It can be tough finding the right books to keep them interested, which is why I am so excited that our class will be participating in Scholastic Reading Club this school year.
With Scholastic Reading Club:
- Every book you buy earns FREE Books for our classroom library
- You can choose from handpicked, grade- and reading-level-specific books for your child
- You'll find the best values on a variety of formats, including eBooks
Many time this year, your child will bring home Reading Club flyers. Together you can choose from books hand-selected by teachers and experts, and then order online or by returning your order form and payment to me.
I'd also love some help growing our classroom Reading Club. If you'd like to help out, please let me know! I'm excited to get our class reading!
Thank you for your support,
If This Is Your First Time Ordering Online:
- REGISTER at scholastic.com/readingclub
- ENTER the Class Activation Code at the top of this letter
- CHOOSE from thousands of print titles, value packs, and Storia eBooks
- SUBMIT the order to me by the due date listed on the website
- EARN FREE Books for our classroom too!