Who Are Volunteers?
- People Actively Volunteering in Education (PAVE)... is an organized effort to reunite families, schools and communities by improving the quality of volunteerism in the Caldwell County Schools. It takes many people from different facets of life working together to build brighter futures. Your involvement is needed to strengthen those ties between families, schools and communities. Listed below are some volunteer activities that may interest you.
- For those who can help out "just a bit"...
- Lunch Buddy Eat lunch at school with a student once or twice a month and serve as a positive role model.
- Kindergarten Registration Be the first to show rising kinders and parents around the school during kindergarten registration in April or May.
- Test Proctors Watch students put themselves to the test... End-of-Grade and End-of-Course, that is.
- Chaperones Take some time away from your busy schedule and chaperone a field trip or school dance.
- Reading Partners Listen to a child read and help with basic comprehension.
- Field Day Spend the day outside helping supervise and coordinate field events.
- Media Assistants Sort, shelve and help students find great literary works in the media center.
- For maximum impact on a child . . .
- Tutors Assist students during the school day or after school in subjects that are challenging and difficult to comprehend.
- Language Tutors Serve as a translator or tutor for children who have limited use of the English language.
- Classroom Assistants Work as a classroom helper in grades K through 5 sorting resource materials, planning special activities, etc., and become part of a whole new family.
Hard time deciding?
To volunteer, contact the school's administrative office or volunteer coordinator, Lauren Duncan. The doors of the Caldwell County Schools are always open to respected citizens and parents who want to be involved in education in a positive way.
Share professional or personal experiences that enrich classroom studies. Your testimonial can make a significant contribution to the development of young minds.
Help coaches in sports at all competitive levels. There's a lot to be done in getting ready for the competition.
Agree to be on the list for special school activities that need extra help to be a smash hit, i.e., awards day, concerts, talent shows, holiday programs, picture day, etc.
Join the school's beautification effort in keeping the school grounds clean and well landscaped.