If you are absent on lab day, you have two choices in how to make up that lab grade. You only choose one of these options to make up a missing lab grade.
Option 1 (actually cooking)
- You can cook our recipe at home. If you would have difficulty cooking the lab recipe, then see Ms. Hadley privately about an alternate recipe.
- Have someone take photos of you as you do the work. You must have five photos for full credit.
- The photos are:
- You with your ingredients or mis en place.
- 2, 3, 4. A series of three photos with you preparing your recipe at various stages (Think beginning, middle end).
- 5 A photo of you with your finished product.
You MUST APPEAR in all the photographs.
- Write a lab reflection (1/3 to 1/2 page) about your experience.
4. Turn in the lab reflection and show your photos to Ms. Hadley. The photos do not have to be printed. Showing them on a phone or other device or emailing them to Ms. Hadley will be fine.
Option 2 (Bookwork makeup)
1. Using our cookbooks in the classroom or other resources, choose a recipe of equivalent (equal or close to the same) difficulty and skills.
2. Copy the complete recipe below.
3. Make a flow-chart of the recipe, putting each step in a new flow chart box on the back of your paper.
4. Write a reflection explaining why you chose the recipe and what appealed to you about it. You also should include a link to what we are studying. How does your recipe help you with our classroom work?