These are a few helpful tips for dealing with anxiety. Please do not hesitate to contact Mrs. Swanson if you need to talk to her about these suggestions.
1. Breathe....slow deep breaths. Breathe in deeply through your nose and exhale through your mouth.
2. Count backward from 1-10 imagining you are going down an escalator.
3. Think positive thoughts.....I am kind, I am smart, I am a good friend.
4. Be mindful. Thinking about the past and future triggers anxiety. Ask yourself; what do I feel, see, hear and taste NOW?
5. Bring a favorite picture from home to keep in a notebook where you can easily see it.
6. Tell yourself that a little anxiety is OK.
7. Visualize yourself in a favorite spot for a few seconds
8. Rub a comfort stone