STATUS OF CALDWELL VIRTUAL ACADEMY (CIVA) COURSES DURING THE COVID-19 SCHOOL CLOSING
(Last revision on April 9, 2020)
- CIVA Physical Science and Math Applications courses will continue through the end of the school year and will follow the course requirements established in January 2020.
- Students will complete CIVA courses for high school credit to be recorded on their transcripts.
- CIVA teachers will:
- continue to provide feedback on all assignments submitted;
- provide progress reports to parents on the schedule established prior to the COVID-19 school closing on March 16;
- record grades in PowerSchool;
- remain in close contact with students and their families to support the needs of the whole child;
- adjust work submissions and grading practices to address the unique circumstances of students’ learning environments.
- End-of-Course assessments have been suspended by the State Board of Education through June 30, 2020. Therefore, Physical Science students will not be required to take an End-of-Course exam. Math Applications does not require an End-of-Course exam.
- The N.C. State Board of Education has made no decision regarding how to award final grades for grades 6-11. CIVA will provide additional information to our participants once a decision has been made.
Contact Kim Case at email@example.com, or your course instructor, if you have additional questions.