Hudson Middle School
Parent and Family Engagement Plan
2020 - 2021
Hudson Middle School Parent and Family Engagement Plan 2020 - 2021 At Hudson Middle School, we believe it is essential for the school, parents, and the community to work together to provide the best educational experiences possible for each student. Parents are always welcome at the school, and every effort will be made by the school staff to communicate and work closely with parents as we endeavor to build a strong and effective partnership.
In order to develop and build this partnership, we will provide:
- An annual public meeting where parents will meet the teachers and staff, to learn about the Title 1 program.
- A School-Parent-Student accountability pledge which details how parents, school staff, and students share responsibility for successful learning.
- Parent conferences which provide parents with an opportunity to learn about grade level expectations, academic assessments, curriculum requirements, state educational standards, and other topics related to the success of individual students.
- A survey of parents to provide a forum for the expression of opinions about the current Title 1 program, as well as to share ideas for improvement and topics for training.
- Information through newsletters, the school website, and teacher communications to inform parents about the curriculum, instructional programs in the school, proficiency levels their children must meet, school safety during the COVID-19 pandemic and information about activities and up-coming programs.
- Materials and training to help parents work with their children to improve achievement along with training for the staff in working closer with parents.
- Opportunities for parents to be involved in the planning and review of school improvement plans, and in strengthening parental involvement within the school.