Welcome to Coach Smith'sHealth and PE Class
"Doing Right To Achieve Excellence"I will be teaching your student health and physical education at Hudson Middle School. All students need to wear tennis shoes. Not wearing tennis shoes will effect a student's grade.
Simple fitness exercises to remain fit during our time away from school (March 23-May 15)
> Make up your own stretch routine involving your arms and legs. Hold each stretch for 10 seconds. Do each stretch multiple times if desired. You should do this daily.
10 daily exercises to help maintain fitness. Pick 4 exercises. Example: you selected planks, push-ups, lunges, and squats. Do 3 rounds of each exercise (about a 20 minute workout) Try to rotate different exercises everyday.
1. Planks (hold for 10 to 15 seconds, 5 sets)
2. Planks but on your hands and toes (hold for 10 to 15 seconds, 5 sets)
3. Push-ups (5 to 10 at a time, 5 sets)
4. Squats (3 to 5 sets of 10)
5. Mountain Climbers (3 to 5 sets of 10)
6. Lunges (3 to 5 sets of 10)
7. Jump Squats (3 to 5 sets of 10)
8. Calf Raises (5 sets of 20)
9. Sit-ups or Crunches (3 to 5 sets of 25)
10. 6 inches (scissors, flutter kicks) hold for a 10 or 15 second count
After your daily exercises get a good walk or jog in outside. If you can't make it outside walk around the house or jog in place for a extended period of time.
Make sure you have signed-in to Coach Haney/Coach Smith's google classroom to receive lessons throughout our time away from school.