The Cylinda Hazen Scholarship
The Cylinda Hazen Scholarship was created in honor of Cylinda Hazen's dedication to Caldwell County, Caldwell County Schools and students. An active member of First Presbyterian Church of Lenoir and Lenoir Service League, Mrs. Hazen volunteered her time to the betterment of both young and old. Active in the educational process in Caldwell County, Mrs. Hazen served as President of Lower Creek Elementary School PTA, as a member of the Education Foundation Inc. of Caldwell County, as a volunteer in different capacities for many schools, and as a candidate for the Caldwell County School Board.
The Cylinda Hazen scholarship recognizes a Caldwell County educator who dedicates him/herself to improving the lives of children through teaching or promoting character education, good citizenship and volunteerism within his/her school, i.e., going beyond the call of duty.
- An essay written by candidate for selection committee review.
- Essay topic: How educator will use the funds in his/her school to promote good citizenship/volunteerism among students.
- Selection committee from the Education Foundation will review application requirements and essays, and if needed, will interview finalists.
- The recipient must teach in the Caldwell County school system the following year.
- The recipient receives $1,000.00 to conduct the winning proposal the following year.
- Recipient must present a brief overview of the project at the Cylinda Hazen Scholarship award ceremony on January 8, 2019, 12 noon, Civic Center.
Applicants must submit a 1-2 page typed, double spaced essay and budget detailing a school project that will promote character education, volunteerism and or good citizenship among students. The deadline for 2018-19 application is Friday, November 2, 2018. All applications must be at the Education Foundation by 5 pm. Late applications will not be reviewed.
The scholarship recipient will be chosen by the Education Foundation. The recipient will receive $1,000.00 to conduct the winning proposal and will complete an evaluation form of the project results.
Scholarship Form Cylinda Hazen Scholarship