Caldwell County School Nurses enhance learning by promoting the wellness and safety of students and staff during the school day. We work with faculty and staff to meet health related challenges of our students, making a difference in attendance, student achievement, and drop-out rates. Health is at the heart of education.
Your School Nurse is the link between Caldwell County Schools, families and community resources.
- Helps to develop school health policies.
- Makes sure that policies and procedures adhere to laws and standards of nursing practice.
- Monitors students' compliance with state immunization laws.
- Monitors communicable diseases.
- Refers students with health problems for care.
- Serves as liaison and resource person between home, school and community/service organizations.
- Coordinates health care in school for students with chronic conditions.
Appropriate Referrals to School Nurse:
- Health care needs of students
- Children at risk of academic failure or out of home placement related to their health needs
- Need for Emergency Action/Individual Health Plans for Medical Diagnosis
- Vision/Dental Care & Follow-up
- Chronic Absences
- Access to needed community health resources including financial assistance
- Mental Health Concerns
- Medications (any student taking medications)
- Problems identified on Kindergarten Physical Assessment Form