Each week I will post our weekly newsletter here. Please read over and let me know if you have any questions.
Weekly Newsletter from Mrs. Garnes
November 4th – 10th
- Please sign the conduct folder that is going home today and return only the folder. You may keep the papers.
- AR goals have been reset. Please make sure students are reading each night to help them meet their goal.
- A note went home last week on our upcoming field trip to the Civic Center to see “Winter Fables”. Please send in $3.25 by Tuesday, November 5th
- We will be starting intervention/enrichment groups on Wednesday. Students will be rotating between one of the fourth grade teachers for groups. This will take away work time in the afternoon. Please still make sure students are completing any unfinished classwork at home.
- Also if you happen to have any leftover Halloween candy that you want to get out of your house, send it our way!
- November 4th – Mrs. Bumgarner will start
- November 5th – Report Cards go home and $3.25 due for “Winter Fables”
- Monday, November 11th – No school – Veterans Day
- Tuesday, November 19th – Civic Center trip to see “Winter Fables”
- November 25th – 26th – Patterson Science Center here: Lesson on “Oh Beehave”
- November 27th – 28th – Thanksgiving Break
- Thursday, December 5th – Christmas Pictures
Spelling – This week our words will focus on the greek roots “tele, graph, photo, and auto.” Students will have weekly homework to help them practice these words. The test will be on Friday.
Writing – Students will complete our week 10 of our Daily Language. This is kept in your child’s homework folder. Please look over these questions as some of the exact ones will be on the test on Friday
S.S/Science –We will continue our animal unit with discussions of predator and prey, food chain, and food webs. Students have all of our animal information in their notebooks and we will continue to add to it. They will need this information for our end of unit test. Students will also begin thinking of an animal for their animal research project that we’ll be starting in the next couple weeks.
Math – On Monday we will review problems from our 2 digit x 2 digit Multiplication test. On Tuessday, students will be offered a 2 digit multiplication retest for those who need it. On Wednesday, we will begin our division unit. Please continue to study your multiplication facts at home nightly. Multiplication quizzes will be on Tuesday and Thursday to help students practice these facts.
Reading – Students will continue to work with comparing and contrasting based EOG type questions. Students will practice going back in the story to find evidence of their answer. We will end our week with a lesson on Veteran’s Day.