Study Island Lab
Study Island is an all online product designed to help your child master the standards specific to their grade in your state. Study Island's focus on the standards enables students to improve their performance in all skill areas tested on your state test, which leads to improved test scores.
- After signing in on Study Island's home page, click on the subject tab that you wish to work on.
- Click "Pretest" in order to begin the pretest for your section. You must complete 10 pretest questions before moving on to other topics.
- Once you complete the Pretest you may work through the remainder of the topics in any order you like - as directed by your teacher's class page. You must pass all topics before taking the Post test.
- To pass a topic you must satisfy the topic's passing requirements which are based on a minimum number of questions answered and a minimum percentage correct. A blue ribbon is displayed next to all passed topics.
- Once you have passed all the topics in the subject, you have to pass the Post Test for the subject. Ignore this step if the subject has no Post test.
- Once you pass all topics in all sections, you have completed the program.
- Study Island records all student activity and makes this information available in the orm of reports. The reports can be accessed by clicking one of the report links located in the menu bar on the left hand side of the screen.
- There is a Game Mode that may accessed. You must have an 85% passing average to access Game Mode.
- A warning symbol icon beside a topic means the student had problems mastering this section and needs additional help.
- A dropdown arrow icon under a topic means the student had problems and there is a remedial lesson available.
- All words and numbers in blue are hyperlinks to other information.