To my classroom and to 6th grade Math and Science!
Mrs. Anderson, Ms. Swanson and I will be teaming up for the 2019-2020 school year.
I will be teaching Math, Mrs. Anderson will be teaching Language Arts and Ms. Swanson will be teaching Social Studies. We will each be teaching science to our homerooms!
News, Notes, and Other Important Stuff
Enjoy your summer break! Make sure you read every day and don't forget to get outside and play!
Rising 6th Graders! Make plans to have fun with us on Wednesday, August 14 from 1:00 to 3:00 at our Brave Beginnings session. You will be able to meet your teachers, tour the school, visit with old friends and make new friends!
SCHOOL SUPPLY LIST for 2019-2020 SCHOOL YEAR
This will be very basic as each teacher has specific requirements but here are some things you will need to get started:
1. LOTS of pencils and cap erasers. If you use mechanical pencils, make sure you buy LOTS of lead!
2. Notebook/looseleaf paper - college or wide ruled - up to you.
3. Two glue sticks
4. Pack of colored pencils - 8 count should be fine
5. Three-ring binders - one for each class works best to help be organized. Two-inch is probably best. Don't get a three-inch - it won't fit in the locker!
6. Dividers - three or four per binder; pocket dividers are nice to have
7. Highlighters - two should be fine, any color
8. Self-contained pencil sharpener
9. Lock for your locker - we do have some locks, but probably not enough for a classroom set. You will be required to provide us with the combination if you do purchase one of your own.
10. Deodorant! Yes, our middle school students are stinky! We have deodorant breaks after Encore where everyone goes to their locker, gets their deodorant and goes to the bathroom and applies it!
11. Spiral notebooks - can't say how many you will need, but if they are on sale, you might want to pick up a few.
12. You will not need a calculator - we have classroom sets.
13. If you want a water bottle for class, you must get a clear plastic one.
If you have any questions, please feel free to email me at: email@example.com.