The Computer Science Club is an initiative to increase student access and exposure to Computer Science (CS) education through an after-school program. The club is run by school educators and volunteers. All materials are provided at no cost to the students.
What do the students learn?
- The basics of code logic and structure
- How software intereacts with hardware
- Basics of electronics and circuits
- Project development and the process of building a collaborative learning experience
- Problem solving skills
What software/hardware do the students use?
- School Computer Hardware with Windows
- Arduino Microcontrollers
- Arduino IDE (Integrated Development Environment)
- Ardublock Graphical Programming Language add-on for Arduino IDE
- Raspberry Pi Computer
- Assorted sensors, modules, and add-ons