Steps to Success in 5th Grade
- Please encourage your child to read daily
- Communicate and discuss the novels your child is reading to help insure comprehension and to gain valuable insight into what your child is doing at school. Go over your child’s AR goal and discuss progress as well.
- Weekly papers are sent home each Monday unless Monday is a holiday. Please look over papers and list any questions or comments you may have on an assignment. Sign top page and return stapled set on Tuesday. Papers will be returned to students weekly for future study or records.
- Every student is participating in Accelerated Math and has a required number of objectives to reach each week. Please encourage your child to do their best on Accelerated Math at school and at home.
- 5th grade teachers understand and adhere to research that supports an excessive amount of homework is not beneficial to the academic progress of our children. Students are given time during the day to complete assignments, but at times, work is not finished and may need to be completed at home. Please ensure your child is always prepared for school, helping him/her to succeed.
- Students are given opportunities to write their assignments in their planner every day. In order for you to understand what is happening in the classroom, please read and sign your child’s planner every night.