- High School Choir courses are divided into two seasons—fall and spring.
- Concert Choir and Honors Ensemble are year-long performance ensembles.
- Incoming 9th graders are enrolled in Beginning Chorus or Concert Choir Honors w/recommendation.
- Extra-curricular choral activities include: NC Honors Chorus, All-Carolina Choir, Solo & Ensemble, Mars Hill Concert Festival, All-State Choir, Beta Club Show Choir
- Music Theory: 10-12th grade students have the incredible opportunity to explore the science of music. This is an honors or Advanced Placement course where students will develop EAR TRAINING, COMPOSITION, and MUSIC ANALYSIS.
- College visits (Campbell University, 2018; UNC-Wilmington, 2022)
- 1st place Music in the Parks @Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, VA, 2018
- Women’s Choir and Honors Ensemble
- Participants in NC Honors Chorus, Wingate University’s 9-10 and 11-12 All Carolina Chorus, Mars Hill Concert Festival Chorus
- Opportunity to participate in All-County Chorus
- Featured on a Album with recording time in a professional studio (2022)
- Competing in the Atlanta Heritage Music Festival, 4-day trip to Atlanta, Georgia. (2022)
- Scholarship money offered to many students to continue just taking chorus in college!!!
Beginning Chorus Beginning Chorus Honors
Concert Choir (Women’s Choir) Concert Choir Honors (9th grade girls eligible)
Honors Ensemble *SCHS is the only CCS high school that offers an honors credit
Our Concert Choir (Eleganza) and Honors Ensemble (Bella Voce) go every year to compete at a festival. Trips are usually four to five days long. We go to MPA (Music Performance Adjudication) at Wake Forest University. We are hoping our 2023 Choral Trip will be to NEW YORK CITY!