School Improvement Team
Lee Goble Kindergarten Teacher; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
April Bowman 1st Grade Instructional Assistant; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Jessy Coffey 3rd Grade Teacher; Elected 2021-2022
Misty Clay Parent (PTO Treasurer); Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Michelle Hunt 2nd - 5th Exceptional Children Teacher; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Mandy Phillips 2nd Grade Teacher; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Ashlyn Gibson K-2 School Counselor, Support Staff; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Laura Holman 4th Grade Teacher; Elected 2021-2022
Jeni McNulty Principal; Non-Elected Position
Emily Buckland Music Teacher, Chair and Process Manager; Elected 2021-2022,
Amanda Marley 5th Grade Teacher; Elected 2021-2022
Matt Ross Assistant Principal; Non-Elected Position
Kellie Zushin 1st Grade Teacher; Elected 2021-2022
- SIT meetings are the 1st Wednesday of every month at 3:15pm (or once duty ends)
School Improvement Team Meeting Dates for 2021-2022 Coming Soon:
08/09/2021 (New and Old Team)
NCSTAR School Improvement PlanWebsite: http://www.indistar.org/Guest Login - GuestS15760Password - GuestS15760
Vision Statement: Helping each student reach their full potential through passion, trust, and inspiration.
Value Statement: As Hudson Hornets we Help Out, Exhibit Respect, and Stay Safe!
Mission Statement: Committed to academic excellence, inspiring all students to reach their full potential.2021-2022 School Goals
Indicators Aligned to Meeting Goals
- Increase student growth as measured by state assessments within two years.
- All students will receive academic and behavioral support through the use of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) throughout the school.
- Every student will receive appropriate instruction through the development of daily lesson plans aligned with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study.
- All students will receive increased social/emotional support by providing Social Emotional Training and Student Services Team Support through professional development, faculty meetings, and monthly grade level PLC meetings.
- A1.07 ALL teachers employ effective classroom management and reinforce classroom rules and procedures positively by teaching them.
A4.01 The school implements a tiered instructional system that allows teachers to deliver evidence-based instruction aligned with the individual needs of students across all tiers.
A4.06 ALL teachers are attentive to students' emotional states, guide students in managing their emotions, and arrange for supports and interventions when necessary.
A4.16 The school develops and implements consistent, intentional, and on-going plans to support student transitions for grade-to-grade and level-to-level.
E1.06 The school regularly communicates with parents/guardians about its expectations of them and the importance of the curriculum of the home (what parents can do at home to support their children's learning).
School report cards will not be issued for the 2020-2021 school year because assessment data was not collected during the 2019-2020 school year due to COVID-19.We are excited and proud to announce that Hudson Elementary Exceeded Growth and performed as a B school for the 2018-2019 school year. Without the support from our teachers, parents, families, and community as well as the hardwork from our students, this would not have been possible! Congratulations to everyone! We are looking forward to another great year! Click here to link to the 2019 School Report Card. https://ncreportcards.ondemand.sas.com/src/school?school=140352&year=2019&lng=en