School Improvement Team
Lee Goble Kindergarten Teacher; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
April Bowman 1st Grade Instructional Assistant; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Jessy Coffey 3rd Grade Teacher; Co-Chair and Process Manager; Elected 2021-2022
Misty Clay Parent (PTO Treasurer); Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Michelle Hunt 2nd - 5th Exceptional Children Teacher; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Mandy Phillips 2nd Grade Teacher; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Ashlyn Gibson K-2 School Counselor, Support Staff; Elected 2020-2021 and 2021-2022
Laura Holman 4th Grade Teacher; Elected 2021-2022
Jeni McNulty Principal; Non-Elected Position
Moira Brookshire and Bradley Clay PE Teachers; Serving 2021-2022; Appointed by Specials Team
Amanda Marley 5th Grade Teacher; Co-Chair and Process Manager; Elected 2021-2022
Matt Ross Assistant Principal; Non-Elected Position
Kellie Zushin 1st Grade Teacher; Elected 2021-2022
- SIT meetings are the 1st Wednesday of every month at 3:15pm (or once duty ends)
School Improvement Team Meeting Dates for 2021-2022 Coming Soon:
08/09/2021 (New and Old Team)
NCSTAR School Improvement PlanWebsite: http://www.indistar.org/Guest Login - GuestS15760Password - GuestS15760
Vision Statement: Helping each student reach their full potential through passion, trust, and inspiration.
Value Statement: As Hudson Hornets we Help Out, Exhibit Respect, and Stay Safe!
Mission Statement: Committed to academic excellence, inspiring all students to reach their full potential.2021-2022 School Goals
Indicators Aligned to Meeting Goals
- Increase student growth as measured by state assessments within two years.
- Academic, behavioral and social emotional support through the use of Multi-Tiered Systems of Support (MTSS) throughout the school.
- Appropriate instruction through development of engaging instructional plans aligned with the North Carolina Standard Course of Study provided in each classroom every day.
- Social/emotional support through social emotional training including: Student Services Team (HELP <Helping Every Little Person>), monthly counseling lessons, character education lessons and recognition, professional development, stakeholder meetings, Professional Learning Community (PLC) meetings, Panorama surveys, open and timely conversations, and collaboration with stakeholders.
- A1.07 ALL teachers employ effective classroom management and reinforce classroom rules and procedures positively by teaching them.
A4.01 The school implements a tiered instructional system that allows teachers to deliver evidence-based instruction aligned with the individual needs of students across all tiers.
A4.06 ALL teachers are attentive to students' emotional states, guide students in managing their emotions, and arrange for supports and interventions when necessary.
A4.16 The school develops and implements consistent, intentional, and on-going plans to support student transitions for grade-to-grade and level-to-level.
- B1.03 A Leadership Team consisting of the principal, teachers who lead the Instructional Teams, and other professional staff meets regularly (at least twice a month) to review implementation of effective practices.
E1.06 The school regularly communicates with parents/guardians about its expectations of them and the importance of the curriculum of the home (what parents can do at home to support their children's learning).
School report cards will not be issued for the 2020-2021 school year because assessment data was not collected during the 2019-2020 school year due to COVID-19.We are excited and proud to announce that Hudson Elementary Exceeded Growth and performed as a B school for the 2018-2019 school year. Without the support from our teachers, parents, families, and community as well as the hardwork from our students, this would not have been possible! Congratulations to everyone! We are looking forward to another great year! Click here to link to the 2019 School Report Card. https://ncreportcards.ondemand.sas.com/src/school?school=140352&year=2019&lng=en