High school art courses support students in transitioning from more teacher-directed instruction, at lower levels, to a more independent approach to pursuing a selected area of artistic inquiry, at higher levels. Artistic exploration of concepts and skills is directed toward developing a personal voice and style, exploring ideas deeply by creating series of works, and preparing and assembling artwork for exhibition and portfolios. Students have the option of exploring a broad range of artmaking media in Studio Art & Photography courses. Portfolio preparation level students individually identify a conceptual theme for their work.
Art 1 – Beginning Art
Digital Photography *SCHS is the ONLY high school in CCS to offer this class!
Art 2 – Intermediate Art
Art 3 – Proficient Art
Art 4 – Advanced Art
AP Art & Design - 2D (including photography), 3D, or Drawing
Advanced art classes will visit art museums throughout NC. Every few years the advanced art students have the opportunity to go ona big trip to be immersed in the arts.
- Caldwell Arts Council’s Young at Art Show
- End of Semester Art & Photography Showcase
- HJWC/GFWC-NC Annual Arts Festival
- Caldwell Arts Council’s Sculpture Festival
- Ed Foundation Kaleidoscope Art Show
- CCS Ed Center Art Gallery
- Various Art Contests throughout the year