Camp Med Summer Program
This program is designed to identify, recruit, educate and prepare high school students for careers in health professions. Camp activities include presentations, tours/observations and clinical experiences.
Who Should Participate
Current ninth through eleventh grade high school students who have an interest in health careers and the academic potential for a career in the health sciences.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
• Describe roles and responsibilities, career outlooks, salary ranges, educational preparation and credentialing of select health professions.
• Observe state-of-the-art technology, equipment and procedures used in various health professions.
• Develop an understanding of the healthcare delivery system and the principles of medical ethics and safety.
• Develop effective skills of personal development in areas such as peer relations, teamwork, stress management and leadership.
• Experience a learning environment which integrates school life with the adult world of work.
• Meet healthcare practitioners and health profession students who share common health career goals.
• Explain what medical cultural competency is and why it is a critical component of the healthcare delivery system. Applicant Requirements
• Only a current freshman, sophomore, or junior for the 2020-2021 school year may participate.
• Must have a minimum 2.5 grade point average.
• Complete a letter of interest outlining your career goals and why you want to participate in Camp Med.
• Complete the application process.
For More Information See your CTE Career Development Coordinator Applications Available: March 25 Application Deadline: April 23