Senior 2020-2021 Information
Grauduation will be held on Saturday, May 22, 2021 at 3:00 pm. Location to be announced.
Mandatory senior dues of $65.00 must be paid. This year seniors may pay dues online. Directions can be found on the school website under announcements on how to do this. You may also pay your homeroom teacher with cash or check (made payable to Hibriten HS).
See Mrs. Rudicil if you are interested in applying for any of these, and make sure you are checking your school email for more information.
Check out this website for to find new scholarships specific to our area.
- Lenoir-Rhyne University Teaching Scholars Program
- UNC- Chapel Hill The Thomas Wolfe Scholarship
- College Board Scholarship Opportunities
- NC Teaching Fellows:
- Must be majoring in education.
- Apply to 1 these schools: Elon, Meredith, NCSU, UNC-Chapel Hill, or UNC-Charlotte
- Apply online: https://myapps.northcarolina.edu/ncteachingfellows/
- Gardner-Webb University Scholarship
- National Technical Honor Soceity Scholarships (NTHS) - See Mrs. Pope in B14 for applications.
Perry, Bundy, Plyler, & Long, LLP Scholarship - Available to any high school senior. Deadline is 7/31/21. Award amount $500
- C.L Robbins Scholarship - Applications will be accepted beginning December 3 and will be accepted through February 3. Apply online.
- National Scholars Program Scholarship
- Caldwell County Nurserymen's Association Scholarship - Open to any student residing in Alexander, Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, McDowell, or Wilkes Counties who will be enrolled in a horticulture program at an accredited instituion in NC during the 2021-2022 term. Applications must be postmarked 3/31/21.
- Jackie Robinson Foundation Scholarship
- NC Society of Accountants Scholarship
- SECU Scholarship
- Alpha Delta Kappa Student Scholarships
- LeeAnn Tuttle Thomas Memorial Scholarship - $1,500 - CTE concentrator, 3.0 GPA - See Mrs. Pope for more details.
- John Kirkman Honorary CTE Scholarship - $1,500 - CTE Concentrator - 3.0 GPPA - See Mrs. Pope for more details.
- Lenoir Serivce League Scholarship
- IMPACT Scholarship - Both curriculum & workforce/CE programs in welding, industrial systems, industrial maintenance, electroincs, and mechanical engineering, & biopharm tech.; must take pre-apprenticeship IMPACT course in summer.
- GEER Scholarship - Helps cover expenses in Fire, EMS, nurse aide, furniture, welding, etc.
- ETSU Scholarship
- CCPAPA Scholarship - due 3/31. Open to all students purusing a degree in education. Application as sent to email.
- Lenoir Roratry Club Scholarship
See Ms. Kidd (C Hall) the new college adviser for information on applying to 4-year colleges. See Mrs. Herman (B14) for information on applying to CCC&TI.
- If you are planning to attend any college, including 4-year colleges and community colleges, you must first complete your RDS - Residency Determination Service. https://www.cfnc.org/apply-to-college/residency-determination/
Interested in learning more about music and earning college credit?
MUS 111 - Fundamentals of Music Thoery
Spring 2021 - 4th Period - West Caldwell High School
Available to HHS students with unweighted GPA of 2.8 or above & have their own transportation.
See Mrs. Herman in B14 if interested.
Seniors recieved Graduation merchanidse order packts on 9/29 and 10/1 in homeroom. The ONLY package seniors need to participated in graduation is the basic cap and gown package that includes cap, gown, tassle, diploma, and diploma cover for $46.00. Order forms are due by Wednesay, October 7. On this day Jostens will be set up for drive-thru ordering at HHS from 10:00 am - 2:00 pm in the back of the school. They will have order forms available. Online orders are also due by October 7. If you need help ordering, please see Mrs. Bryant or Ms. Lipford.
The Yearbook team is brining back Senior Quotes for the Class of 2021. Seniors received an email with the information and Google form link to fill out. Quotes are due by January 1! Please note that any inappropriate, offensive, or vulgar language will not be tolerated. If you have questions please contact the yearbook team (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Senior Athletics Info: