Senior 2020-2021 Announcements
See Mrs. Rudicil if you are interested in applying for any of these, and make sure you are checking your school email for more information.
- UNC-Charlotte Scholarship
- NC State Scholarship - All materials must be submitted by 11/1 11:59 p.m. EST
- You must apply for undergraduate admission at NCSU and complete the Park Scholarship Application. To access thsi you must be endorsed by your school (by 10/15) or be self-endorsed.
- Park Scholarship application asks for: Names and emails of 2 recommendations about advanced coursework and 2 essays.
- From the NCSU admissions application they will review: Transcript, honors and activities, personal essay, short-answer essay, additional info section, official or self-reported ACT/SAT scores.
- Davidson College John M. Belk Scholarship
- Davidson College Bryan Scholarship
- Lenior-Rhyne University Teaching Scholars Program
- UNC- Chapel Hill The Thomas Wolfe Scholarship
- College Board Scholarship Opportunities
- NC Teaching Fellows:
- Must be majoring in education.
- Apply to 1 these schools: Elon, Meredith, NCSU, UNC-Chapel Hill, or UNC-Charlotte
- Apply online: https://myapps.northcarolina.edu/ncteachingfellows/
- UNC - Chapel Hill Morehead-Cain Scholarship
- Full Info
- To Apply for HHS Nomination (Due 9/29)
- Complete the questions on the questionnaire (typed--Can be a Google Doc).
- Attach or share the document with Mrs. Rudicil. email@example.com by 3 pm on 9/29.
- Decisions will be made by 10/1. If you are not chosen as the school nominee, you have the ability to self-nominate on the Morehead-Cain website.
See Ms. Kidd (C Hall) the new college adviser for information on applying to 4-year colleges. See Mrs. Herman (B14) for information on applying to CCC&TI.
- Late start classes at CCC&TI start 9/16/20. If interested see Mrs. Herman. These courses include: ART 111, BUS 110, ENG 111, HIS 111, HIS 132, MUS 110, PSY 150
- If you are planning to attend any college, including 4-year colleges and community colleges, you must first complete your RDS - Residency Determination Service. https://www.cfnc.org/apply-to-college/residency-determination/
Save the Date:
- In-Person Option - Tuesday 9/22 or Thursday 9/24 at 5:30 p.m. in HHS Theater
- Sign-up sheet will be sent to students' email the week of 8/31
- Virtual Option - more info to come