Camp Med 2021
Camp Med 2021 Summer Program
July 19-23, 2021
This program is designed to identify, recruit, educate and prepare high school students for careers in health professions. Camp activities include presentations, tours/observations and clinical experiences.
Who Should Participate
Current ninth through eleventh grade high school students who have an interest in health careers and the academic potential for a career in the health sciences.
Upon completion of this program, participants will be able to:
- Describe roles and responsibilities, career outlooks, salary ranges, educational preparation and credentialing of select health professions.
- Observe state-of-the-art technology, equipment and procedures used in various health
- Develop an understanding of the healthcare delivery system and the principles of medical ethics and
- Develop effective skills of personal development in areas such as peer relations, teamwork, stress management and
- Experience a learning environment which integrates school life with the adult world of
- Meet healthcare practitioners and health profession students who share common health career
- Explain what medical cultural competency is and why it is a critical component of the healthcare delivery
- Only a current freshman, sophomore, or junior for the 2020-2021 school year may
- Must have a minimum 2.5 grade point
- Complete a letter of interest outlining your career goals and why you want to participate in Camp
- Complete the application
CTE Career Development Coordinator
Office located in hallway of Masonry, Carpentry and Agriculture or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications Available: March 25 Application Deadline: April 23
Northwest Area Health Education Center (AHEC), a program of Wake Forest School of Medicine and part of the NC AHEC System.